Is the science settled? Or are there real reasons one might doubt the settledness of the Green™ movement?
- The debate about climate change and its impact on polar bears has intensified with the release of a survey that shows the bear population in a key part of northern Canada is far larger than many scientists thought, and might be growing.
- The latest government survey of polar bears roaming the vast Arctic expanses of northern Quebec, Labrador and southern Baffin Island show the population of polar bears has jumped to 2,100 animals from around 800 in the mid-1980s.
- The supposed ‘consensus’ on man-made global warming is facing an inconvenient challenge after the release of new temperature data showing the planet has not warmed for the past 15 years.
- Ozone hole above the Arctic has actually been caused by COLD weather, say scientists after high-altitude aircraft survey.
- The Himalayas and nearby peaks have lost no ice in past 10 years, study shows.
- Through February, 2012 globally averaged temperatures have plunged .56°°F (.31°C) since An Inconvenient Truth was released at the Sundance Film Festival on January 24, 2006 – truly an inconvenient truth.
- Farmers May Have Kicked Off Local Climate Change 3,500 Years Ago.
- Dinosaurs may be partly to blame for a change in climate because they created so much flatulence, according to leading scientists.
- Recently unearthed photographs taken by Danish explorers in the 1930s show glaciers in Greenland retreating faster than they are today, according to researchers.
- Twenty-year-old models which have suggested serious ice loss in the eastern Antarctic have been compared with reality for the first time – and found to be wrong, so much so that it now appears that no ice is being lost at all.
- An international team including scientists from Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) has published a reconstruction of the climate in northern Europe over the last 2,000 years based on the information provided by tree-rings. In so doing, the researchers have been able for the first time to precisely demonstrate that the long-term trend over the past two millennia has been towards climatic cooling.
- New paper finds climate warmed 3 times faster from 1862-1961; also 2007 temperatures same as in 1736.
- Time Mag Flashback: 1974 Issue Warns of Man-Made ‘Global Cooling’
- 12% or 86 Gt y-1 increase in ice sheet accumulation rate [in Greenland] from the end of the Little Ice Age in ~1840 to the last decade of the reconstruction. This 1840-1996 trend is 30% higher than that of 1600-2009, suggesting an accelerating accumulation rate.
A leaked report to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has led some scientists to claim that the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century. If correct, it would contradict computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming. The news comes several years after the BBC predicted that the arctic would be ice-free by 2013. Despite the original forecasts, major climate research centres now accept that there has been a “pause” in global warming since 1997.
It’s also rather suspect when EVERYTHING is blamed on global warming.