The American Meteorological Society (AMS) has released its preliminary report surveying its members views about global warming. The survey did not find the consensus so often boasted by climate change alarmists.
Here are a few interesting points from the summary:
- Only 89% of members of the AMS believe the Earth is warming (not 97% as often touted by activists)
- Only 74% of those who believe the Earth is warming are very or extremely sure
- Only 59% of those who believe the Earth is warming believe the cause is mostly human caused
- 30% believe the cause is either natural, or don’t think there is adequate evidence to declare a cause
- 59% of AMS members are wrong about what proportion of climate scientists think that human-caused global warming is happening
- Only 52% of the respondents hold a PhD