Below is a list of don’t-dos from Just Say No To Abortion, a pro-life blog. I see these kinds of posts now and then but most often the list of dont’s are points that I never make nor do I hear others who share my views make. This one, however, is spot on with the kinds of things pro-abortion choice defenders offer. So if you’re pro-choice, please don’t do these things.
If pro-aborts want to be taken seriously by pro-lifers, here are a few suggestions:
- Don’t personally attack those you are debating. Calling us ignorant, controlling, stupid, etc, will get you nowhere in a hurry.
- Don’t attack our Faith.Screaming at us and telling us to “get your rosaries off our ovaries” does not make a good debate starter. First off, not all pro-lifers are Catholic, and second, some are not religious at all.
- Stop ignoring basicbiology. It has been scientifically proven that life begins at conception. Stating that a fertilized egg is not alive is a clear indication that you are indeed ignoring this fact.
- Stop regurgitating pro-abort slogans and propaganda. We’ve heard it all before and we aren’t buying it. Move on please.
- Stop calling us “anti-choice”. We support all kinds of choices: The choice to use birth control The choice to either hold down a job or stay at home with your children. Just because we simply feel that killing a child in the womb is wrong and should be illegal does not mean that we do not support other choices.
I could go on and on, but you get my point.
I would say the thing that bugs me most is the complete lack of knowledge of the scientific facts which have been established by fields of embryology and biology. It is a scientific fact that a new human life begins at the moment of conception. For the life of me I don’t know why people who claim to be so enlightened are so (willfully) ignorant of the facts.